October 28th
Troy had pinpointed our anniversary. All I remembered was it was before Halloween. He remembers it was a Wednesday.
I had to gasp, I remember exactly what I did that day.
I went to my doctor's appointment in behavioral health, I was so emotionally drained and exhausted from that session. I felt listless. Lonely. I wasn't quite sure if I wanted the companionship of a friend to distract me, lunch or a drink. I knew shopping would not remedy but distract me.
I wound up going to the Capuchin, Father Solanus Casey Center. I went in there in HS once on a retreat ... then on occasion to see my cousin who became a capuchin. I couldn't understand why there were so many people that day. A tourist bus? A school tour? After all, he is on the final step to become a saint.
In the gift shop, I asked a woman who informed me that the healing mass was about to begin. Intrigued I sat in attendance, in the back, near the statue of St. Jude. I thought it was an 'accident' my being there. People gave thanks for something, and later offered a prayer/petition to God. Though I remained silent, my thoughts churned. For once, I didn’t ask for a specific request about a situation, or a general trait like patience of strength. I simply asked God, to answer me however he sees fit, whatever my life needs, and whatever my heart’s desire was even if I didn’t know it myself.
Later on, I realized it was the feast day of St. Jude ... they say he's the patron Saint of the impossible. He was always one of my favorites. So I began my 9 day novena to him, lighting a candle I bought in the gift shop earlier.
Later that evening, there Troy was. cute, funny, sweet, half-naked, and absolutely retarded.
For days after wards, he was welcome yet distracting me from finishing my novena, as I was using my iphone for Gregorian Chant background music. Troy was tempting to say the least. Nobody has ever interrupted me multiple times in prayer, and boy did I ever want to be interrupted!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home