agape

a beautiful kind of mischief ...

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

"my girlfriend"

Several days ago, I was preparing for my ritual "middle of the night shower before bedtime" while texting Troy ... as usual.

Except this time was anything but usual.

I wrote him something, to which he replied "just agreeing with my sexy girlfriend"

wait? what? your huh?


I was stunned to say the least. With my back against the wall, I slowly found myself sitting on the weighing scale wrapped in towel ... with my iphone barely visible amongst the steam.

He's never used that term before. I've never used the term boyfriend. It was a label. It had strings. But we definitely had emotions and the love. Girlfriend leads to fiance leads to wife, well in a traditional linear sense. It also had the expectation: monogamy.

Obviously, I've never done anything or considered another man since Troy came into my life. And though I knew he would never cheat, I sidestepped the subject of monogamy and made slight jokes about herpes ... because I didn't know if he truly 100% wanted to be tied to a girl 1000k miles away (Spudgy said it best, I'm old enough to know that random pussy isn't worth it). Not until that very moment. And I was too afraid to ask. And I'm fucking retarded.

He also said something else, "don't you think you should be in love with your best friend?" In a romantic sense, of course I do. But I've never had the luxury of having both at the same time ... until Troy.

Double Surprise. He never ceases to amaze me, and sometimes leave me speechless.

Troy's best friend. Troy's girlfriend.

My damn estrogen made me happy cry in the shower.

I need to sleep, this is sounding like a rambling tangent...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home